Star Valley, Wyoming
Located 35 miles south of Jackson Hole, Star Valley offers amazing outdoor opportunities. The valley is 14 miles wide and 50 miles long, situated on the western edge of Wyoming and adjacent to Idaho.
The area offers an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities as the valley is surrounded by Bridger Teton, Caribou and Targhee National Forests. Alpine, Afton, Thayne and Star Valley Ranch are the only incorporated towns in the Valley. Other communities include Etna, Freedom, Grover, Smoot, Fairview, Osmond, Auburn, Bedford and Turnerville.
Settled in the late 1870’s is was proclaimed the “Star of All Valleys” for its natural beauty and the name Star Valley is used as the common name today. Many believe it is named Star Valley for the 4 major rivers that intersect here. The Greys River joins the Snake River and along with the Salt River coming in from the south the Palisades Reservoir is created. At the outlet of the lake the South Fork of the Snake River begins. As a result of this concentration of natural waterways, Star Valley offers access to some of the best fly-fishing in the country. In addition, Palisades Reservoir offers boaters a dream location with mountains surrounding the area.
Star Valley Real Estate Report
An in depth bi-annual Star Valley market analysis covering past, current, and what to look for in market conditions. The only one of its kind in the Valley.
- Star Valley Independent Newspaper Our weekly newspaper
- Star Valley Chamber of Commerce Current business and economic indicators.
- Lincoln County Planning and Zoning A connection to Star Valley’s interactive maps, rules and regulations, and other valuable building and development information.
- Star Valley Area Information A local site with Star Valley businesses and contact information
- Wyoming Department of Transportation Valuable information on road construction and conditions.
- Star Valley Ranch Association Offering news and further information on the largest subdivision and newest town in Star Valley.
- Star Valley Middle School Website for our local public school system.
- Star Valley High School Website for our local public school system.
- Star Valley Medical Center One of the valley’s health centers.
- Star Valley Branch Library Contact information for our local library.